Wednesday, July 22, 2009

STARCH HYDROLYSIS

Starch Hydrolysis

Starch hydrolysis is a test used to detect the enzyme Amylase, which breaks down starch. After incubation, the plate is treated with Gram’s iodine. If the starch has been hydrolysed, then a reddish colour of clear zone will be formed around the bacterial growth. However, if the starch has not been hydrolysed, a blue or black area will be formed indicating the presence of starch. This test can be easily conducted by using an inoculating loop to spread bacteria on the plate surface. After it is incubated at an appropriate temperature, iodine will be added to the surface. Then, the colour change should be noted to know the results.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rossbach/bios312/LabProcedures/Starch%20Hydrolysis%20Medium.html
A. Absence of starch hydrolysis is indicated by the blue colour that completely surrounds the colony.

http://homepages.wmich.edu/~rossbach/bios312/LabProcedures/Starch%20Hydrolysis%20Medium.html
B. Starch hydrolysis is indicated by the reddish colour of clear zone.

1 comment:

  1. I have being on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and i never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he finds out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got a cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease… Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man.

    ReplyDelete